These maple oatmeal cookies are the best recipe we’ve found. And with a few swaps are healthy enough for breakfast!
Makes 24 Cookies
- 3/4 cup butter, softened 1 1/2 sticks
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups whole white wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups rolled oats not the quick cooking kind
- 1 cup chopped nuts, raisins, or chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In your stand mixer, whisk butter and maple syrup on medium speed until creamy. It might look a little weird for a second but it will come together. Add eggs and vanilla, and whisk until combined.
- In a second bowl, combine whole white wheat flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix until uniform. Slowly pour into the butter mixture, mixing on low until combined.
- Switch to the paddle attachment, or using a rubber spatula, add oats and additional add-ins (if using); fold into the dough until combined.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool for a minute on cookie sheets so they don’t fall apart when you move them. Then move to wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container. You can also freeze these cookies- just double bag and Enjoy!
Pure, sweet maple syrup meets smoky, woody bourbon to create a multi-layered taste that will make your mouth water. Just one drop, and you’ll see what we mean.
Runamok Maple knows good maple syrup depends on healthy trees. So they treat the land they work on gently by protecting the soil and encouraging biodiversity while making as little impact as possible.
Try our Runamok Syrups