Cheese wheel pasta is a great dish to make if you really want to impress your friends and family. The ingredients are very simple and can be customized to your taste. To make the popular cheese wheel pasta dish “cacio e pepe” you’ll need to follow this recipe.
- 1 or 1/2 wheel of parmigiano-reggiano
- 1 cup pecorino Romano
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup long pasta of your choice (spaghetti, linguini, etc.)
- olive oil
First, cut open the parmigiano reggiano wheel or buy a half or get the store to cut it for you.
- Then, boil a pot of salted water to cook the pasta.
- Once the water is at a rapid boil, place the pasta in the water and cook until al dente.
- Scrape the inside of the cheese wheel to create a bowl shape (leave cheese scrapings).
- Put the hot cooked pasta in the scraped cheese wheel and mix until the cheese is creamy and melted onto the pasta.
- Add black pepper and serve immediately. Enjoy!
This recipe can be found at several worth while restaurants, check them out
Santa Monica, CA: Forma
New York, NY: Cacio e Pepe
Houston, TX: Ragu & Pesto
Little Rock, AR: Vesuvio BIstro